Know Whey Protein, Its Benefits, & Nutritional Facts Before Adding It To Your Diet
Whey protein can appear to many fitness enthusiasts to be its own food group. Well, the truth is it is not! Though the appropriate consumption of whey protein powder is beneficial, it is not meant for everyone. Generally, people who want to:
- Lose fat and preserve muscle
- Increase size and strength
- Reduce hunger
- Manage stress
- Improve immunity
The moment you Google whey protein, a mixed bag of blogs and websites will pop up to give you tons of information on it.
Thus, grab your shaker bottle and read on to delve deeper into what whey protein is, how it functions, what are whey protein benefits, and how to use whey protein for your health and fitness goals. Here you will get to know everything from dosing to timing to a few other important aspects of this incredibly versatile supplement before you decide to buy whey protein.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey, the liquid portion of milk that separates during the making of cheese, contains a variety of proteins that have been separated. You’ve probably heard of the two primary types of protein that milk contains: Casein, which makes up around 80% of milk protein, and Whey, which makes up the remaining 20%.
Whey is specifically present in the watery part of milk. When creating cheese, the fatty components of the milk congeal, and the excess known as whey is removed from it. We’ve all definitely opened a carton of fresh yogurt and noticed liquid on top; that liquid is whey.
Nutrition Facts of Whey Protein
Here’s a table containing whey protein powder nutrition profile:
|Content||Daily Quantity in %|
|Total Fat 0.4 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2 g||1%|
|Cholesterol 2 mg||0%|
|Sodium 54 m||2%|
|Potassium 161 mg||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber 0 g||0%|
|Sugar 5 g||–|
|Protein 0.9 g||1%|
Note, the above information is according to the US Department of Agriculture, and the quantity considered here is 100 grams. Here, the consumer gets 27 calories in protein powder. Depending on how many calories you need each day, your figures may be greater or lower.
7 Proven whey protein powder benefits
- It is a great source of high-quality protein.
- Whey protein encourages muscular development.
- Blood pressure may be reduced by whey protein.
- Defends against Eczema and Allergy in Children and Aids in Blood Pressure Control
- Whey protein could assist in reducing inflammation.
- The body’s antioxidant defenses may be strengthened by whey protein.
- Because whey protein is so full, it may help people feel less hungry.
Types of Whey Protein
Whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey protein hydrolysates are the three primary varieties of whey protein that are commercially available.
1.Whey Protein Isolate
The purest type of whey protein currently available is whey protein isolate. It has a whey protein content of 90–95%, very little fat (0.5–1.0%), and very little lactose (0.5-1.0 percent ). Because of this, whey protein isolate is an excellent source of protein for those who have lactose intolerance or other lactose digestion problems.
2.Whey Protein Concentrate
Since whey protein concentrate normally contains between 25 and 89 percent protein, most commonly available concentrates have an average protein content of around 80 percent. About 4–8% of whey protein concentrate typically contains fat, minerals, and lactose.
3.Whey Protein Hydrolysate
The term “whey protein hydrolysates” refers to whey protein that has undergone enzymatic treatment to shorten lengthy proteins into shorter proteins. This technique facilitates the body’s easier absorption of the whey protein and frequently lowers the risk of allergic reactions and digestive problems.
Going by the fundamentals of whey protein, anyone can consume it, with or without hitting the gym. However, to know the correct dosage, it is advisable to reach out to your nutritionist (in case you are not exercising) or your trainer (in case you work out in the gym regularly). To buy the best whey protein in India, you can visit our official website and make a purchase of a genuine product. Apart from this, you can also check out BCAA supplement, muscle gainer supplement, and other products to make your fitness journey a bit easier for you.